PT2020

Portugal 2020 is the structural investment framework in place for the 2014-2020 period with the aim of boosting the economy and boosting economic growth by increasing productivity and business competitiveness. Portugal 2020 is one of the main financing tools for Portuguese SMEs.

IS Qualified Entrepreneurship
  • Call aimed at boosting entrepreneurship levels by fostering business and enterprise creation in sectors with strong growth dynamics and in creative and innovative fields

  • Incentive rate up to 75% of total investment

  • Mixed incentive: 50% non-refundable and 50% refundable at 0% interest rate

  • Minimum investment of 50 thousand euros

  • Investment plans up to 24 months

Eligible expenses:

  • Tangible assets such as machinery and IT equipment
  • Intangible assets such as software, technology transfer, trademark registration, licenses, patents
  • Development of websites, platforms and other communication tools
  • Remodelling works (tourism or industry projects)
  • Studies, diagnostics, marketing plans, consulting, accounting or legal services and other support services
IS Productive Innovation
  • Call aimed at increasing the investment of large companies in innovative activities and strengthening the entrepreneurial capacity of SMEs to develop innovative, tradable, internationalized and market-differentiated goods and services

  • Incentive rate up to 75% of investment presented

  • Mixed incentive: 50% non-refundable and 50% refundable at 0% interest rate

  • Minimum investment of 75 thousand euros

  • Investment plans up to 24 months

Eligible expenses:

  • Tangible assets such as machinery and IT equipment
  • Intangible assets such as software, technology transfer, trademark registration, licenses, patents
  • Development of websites, platforms and other communication tools
  • Remodelling works (tourism or industry projects)
  • Studies, diagnostics, marketing plans, consulting, accounting or legal services and other support services
SI Internacionalização
  • Call focused on strengthening the Portuguese SMEs' entrepreneurial capacity for the internationalization and exportation of their products and services, with the purpose of increasing international sales volume and qualifying export destination markets

  • Non-refundable incentive

  • 45% incentive rate (40% for projects located in the Lisbon region)

  • Minimum investment of 25 thousand euros

  • Investment plans up to 24 months

  • Exclusive for SMEs

Eligible expenses:

  • Participation in tradeshows, conferences and events abroad - Travel, stay, attendance and support materials
  • Travel, accommodation and rental space for prospecting in international markets
  • Marketing actions in foreign markets
  • Web marketing (Facebook, Linkedin, Adwords, Mailing, etc.)
  • Studies, Audits, Marketing Plans
  • Website design, renovation and translation
  • Hiring expenses of two new highly qualified technical staff (up to 1,850 € / month)
IS Qualification
  • Incentive aimed at qualifying SMEs to increase their competitiveness in the global market by strengthening organizational and management capacities

  • Non-refundable incentive

  • 45% incentive rate (40% for projects located in the Lisbon region)

  • Minimum investment of 25 thousand euros

  • Investment plans up to 24 months

  • Exclusive for SMEs

Eligible expenses:

  • Project-related equipment and software
  • Hiring expenses of two new highly qualified staff (up to € 1,850 / month)
  • Trademark design and registration
  • Website or digital platforms development or redesign
  • Diagnostic Studies and Audits
  • Certifications
  • Consulting, accounting and legal services and other business support services
IS Individual and Cooperative R&D
  • Call for R&D Projects (individual or in cooperation) developed in the areas of industrial research (TRL 2-4) and experimental development (TRL 5-8)

For businesses

  • Incentive rate up to 75% of eligible investment (40% in Lisbon and 62% in Algarve)

  • A non-refundable incentive for projects up to 1 million euros. Above this amount, it takes on a 75% non-refundable incentive and the remaining 25% refundable model

For R&D entities

  • The incentive rate for the project is calculated based on the weighted average incentive rates of the companies participating in the consortium or 75% when the cooperation does not involve State aid

  • Non-framing in the State aid rules is verified with when I&I entities prove that they remain non-profit

  • Non-refundable Incentive

Eligible expenses:

  • Technical staff, including contracted fellows dedicated to the applying R&D project

  • Patent Acquisition

  • Raw materials and consumables

  • Procurement of services to third parties, including technical, scientific and consulting assistance

  • Purchase of project-specific software

  • Acquisition of equipment specific for the R&D project

  • Expenditure on the promotion and dissemination of project innovation results

  • Travel and stays abroad, when demonstrably necessary for its accomplishment, excluding contacts for commercial purposes

  • Research management certification process NP 4457: 2007

  • Expenditure with technical-scientific auditing

  • TOC / ROC costs up to 5,000 €

  • Indirect costs

IS Individual and Cooperative R&D Demonstrators
  • Development, through successful R&D activities, of technological demonstration actions and dissemination of new technologies in the form of new innovative products, processes or services, highlighting their advantages and enhancing the dissemination of knowledge

For businesses

  • Incentive rate up to 75% of eligible investment (40% in Lisbon and 62% in Algarve)

  • A non-refundable incentive for projects up to 1 million euros. Above this amount, it takes on a 75% non-refundable incentive and the remaining 25% refundable model

For R&D entities

  • The incentive rate for the project is calculated based on the weighted average incentive rates of the companies participating in the consortium or 75% when the cooperation does not involve State aid

  • Non-framing in the State aid rules is verified with when I&I entities prove that they remain non-profit

  • Non-refundable Incentive

Eligible expenses:

  • Technical staff, including contracted fellows dedicated to the applying R&D project

  • Patent Acquisition

  • Raw materials and consumables

  • Procurement of services to third parties, including technical, scientific and consulting assistance

  • Purchase of project-specific software

  • Acquisition of equipment specific for the R&D project

  • Expenditure on the promotion and dissemination of project innovation results

  • Travel and stays abroad, when demonstrably necessary for its accomplishment, excluding contacts for commercial purposes

  • Research management certification process NP 4457: 2007

  • Expenditure with technical-scientific auditing

  • TOC / ROC costs up to 5,000 €

  • Indirect costs

SI2E
  • Call aimed at supporting the creation and expansion of micro and small enterprises, promoting entrepreneurship and job creation

  • Managed by LAOs (Local Action Offices) and ICs (Intermunicipal Community)

  • Non-refundable incentive

  • Incentive rate up to 60%

  • Investment projects up to € 235,000

Eligible expenses:

  • Machinery, equipment, IT equipment and software specifically for the company's activity
  • Creation and registration of new brands
  • Development of websites, electronic platforms or apps
  • Rolling stock if it is essential for the company's activity
  • Studies, diagnostics, audits and marketing plans
  • Remodelling or retrofitting works
  • Participation in foreign fairs and exhibitions
  • Support for hiring new workers or for self-employment, ranging from 3 to 18 times the Social Support Index (435.76 €)
Vouchers

Incubation Voucher - For contracting incubation services, namely in management services, marketing, legal advice, product/service development and funding. Financing rate up to 75% for an incentive up to € 5,000, non-refundable.

Industry 4.0 Voucher - For contracting digital transformation services, namely digital marketing services, e-commerce platform development, customer relationship management and behaviour analysis tools, big data, cloud systems, augmented reality, cybersecurity, among others. Financing rate up to 75% for an incentive up to € 7,500, non-refundable.

Internationalization Opportunities Voucher - For contracting services aimed at market knowledge and prospecting, namely in the area of opportunity diagnostics and adaptation of products and processes and in the area of technical assistance through prospecting trips, presence in fairs and missions of importers. Financing rate of up to 75% for an incentive of up to € 10,000 (€ 5,000 for the opportunity diagnosis component and € 5,000 for the technical assistance component), forfeited.

SAMA

The Support System for Administrative Modernization aims to support innovation processes in public administration, making it more efficient and closer to citizens and businesses, meeting the measures from the Simplex + Program.

Portugal Social Innovation

Social Impact Titles – To fund innovative projects aimed at achieving social outcomes in priority areas of public policy (social protection, employment, education, health, justice and digital inclusion). Social Impact Bonds must be implemented by one or more private entities and funded by one or more social investors. The social results to be achieved are defined and contracted upon application.

If these results are reached, social investors are repaid 100%.

Minimum financing amount: € 50,000.

Social Innovation Funds – They include two financial instruments (SIF CREDIT and SIF CAPITAL), which allow the direct intervention of credit institutions and equity investors in innovation and social entrepreneurship projects:

  • SIF CRÉDIT: It allows the granting of credits to Social Economy entities and SMEs, with conditions (namely the grace period, the maturity period, the interest rates and the provision of collateral) appropriate to their actual needs.

  • SIF CAPITAL: It allows leverage of investors (Business Angels, Venture Capital Funds, SMEs, Foundations, among others) in equity and quasi-equity operations, providing them with call options during the first 6 years of investment. In this case, SMEs are the entities eligible for investment.ste caso, as PME são as entidades elegíveis para investimento.

Partnerships for Impact – To finance the creation, development or growth of Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiatives in co-financing format with social investors.

The incentive rate is 70% (non-refundable) and the remaining 30% must be provided by public or private social investors.

Minimum financing amount: € 71,429.

Social Investment Capacitation – To finance the development of organizational and management skills in teams that, in the Social Economy entities, are linked to the implementation of Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiatives. A non-repayable lump sum of up to € 50,000 is allocated to finance a Training Plan lasting 18 months or less, which may include up to 5 separate interventions in the following areas: value creation model; impact assessment; strategy, partnerships and growth; marketing, communication and fundraising; structure, governance, leadership and human resources; financial management, control and risk; operations management and information technology.

Testimonies

Wingman

Digital Agency

Moss & Cooper presented us with solutions we weren’t aware of, to support crucial company projects in terms of organization and growth.
They followed the process quickly from the information assessment to set up the application for the IS Qualification of Portugal 2020, being successfully approved and taking care of its operational management afterwards.
Fast, efficient and always available team!

logo-log

Log

Software Development

Moss & Cooper has been our partner in the search for solutions to finance the company's expansion project. It is supporting us in the internationalization process with the elaboration and monitoring of an already approved PT2020 incentive.
The team is fantastic! Always available and super professional. We have been recommending them to several customers and partners.